Apple has copy protection and they prefer that you use their cables and
chargers and headphones and even the juice pack cases that they sell.
Only problem with that, is that from time to time, whether it's authentic
apple or not, you have that problem, apple's very own copy protection works
against them.
A friend of mine has a Mofi Juice Pack case (the only one Apple claims it
allows you to use with your phone,) and in fact, the only one they sell at
the store. Well, when hers quit working and started giving her that error,
they refused to support it because there's no fixing that bug.
Point is, it doesn't seem to matter whether or not you use official apple or
not; every once in a while, you see that.
This is the first one we've sold with that problem I will say. We do test
everything before we send it out, but nothing's full proof.
And lots of folks buy extra charging cables from Amazon, Ebay, etc, and
those are almost never real; though the instances of problems like this are
extremely rare.
I personally find it disconcerting that my current six-foot non Apple cable
will give me no errors, while my supposedly real one that I got in the box
with my phone from the Apple store, will give me that very same error if I
plug it in. I don't get it.
But tomorrow, it might work just fine. *shrug*

Amy Billman
Check out my company for your screen protector and phone accessory needs!
SpeedDots: the makers of the tactile screen protector
http://www.SpeedDots.com
Follow us on Twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/SpeedDots
Like us on Facebook: