What you may want to do is to go into something like TuneIn radio or
even the music player and set the main volume slider to about 50 or
60% depending on your preference. Then set the voiceover volume in the
rotor to about 75 or 80%. Yes the main volume will relatively change
voiceover volume as well and you might move the main volume up or down
a little depending on what you are doing. Setting the voiceover volume
in the rotor to about 75 to 80% sets it high enough that you can move
the main volume up or down a little and still have voiceover volume,
but if you set the voiceover rotor volume much above that and
voiceover sounds even more distorted than it does anyway. This is
assuming using what they call the high quality voice (compact off) All
of this of course is just a suggestion and hopefully it can help.

Jim