I suspect that the actual phone capability, once you have cellular
network access, is pretty trivial, so you'd end up with a device that
pretty much looks like the iPhone without the phone app and costs about
the same. Like I said, I don't think there would be much of a market for
Apple to market such a device. Of course, I'm not a developer and I'm
not in marketing.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail