...And if I was a total non-techy, the below message would have made me run away screaming, and never want to jailbreak. <grin>. Seriously Joseph, sometimes you have to keep it simple, sort of like on the Braille Sense list. In short, non-techy terms, jailbreaking allows you to add tweaks or features or abilities to the iPhone which normally can't be done.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are almost dead?