From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Les Kriegler
Sent: Saturday, June 16, 2012 11:20 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Editing text in iPhone

Hi Raul and Scott,

Thank you for encouraging us to learn to edit on our phones.  This
encouraged me to explore the skill further.  In Anna and Dean's book, there
is an excellent section explaining how to edit text with specific examples
provided.  They then go on to explain how to select various chunks of text.
I would highly recommend that everybody who is having difficulty grasping
the editing concept on the iPhone to red this section of their book.

Les
On Jun 16, 2012, at 1:36 PM, Raul A. Gallegos wrote:

> Hey Scott, I'm with you 100%. I really like the fact that the cursor is
between the letters. So if you move backwards, then pressing delete will
delete the character prior to the one spoken last, if you move forward,
delete will delete the character last spoken. Basically, if you stop to
think it through, it will be very logical. I find editing with the touch
screen to be very nice, and even better than with a bluetooth keyboard. Not
junk at all, but then again, that's my opinion too. <smile>.

> --
> Raul A. Gallegos
> That awkward moment when all your friends are visiting and your dog walks
in the room with your underwear in his mouth.