Hello. You might want to read over some of the recent jailbreak messages in the
last couple of weeks because there was a thread where people posted a lot of
why they like to jailbreak their phone. The messages can be found from the list
archives, and the list archive Web address is found at the end of each message
posted here. However to answer your question, one of the reasons I like to
jailbreak is because I get access to a lot more tweaks and features to the
iPhone that Apple normally doesn't allow you to do. For example, with a
jailbroken iPhone I can integrate my Google voice number a lot more closely
with the iPhone. I do not have to use a separate app to make phone calls.
Another advantage is that I can use a schedule profile program so that my phone
will automatically go into silent mode at a specified time. I can make it turn
on or off Wi-Fi and or Bluetooth at specified times. I can change the theme of
my phone to make it look like or sound like a Star Trek computer or a windows
XP computer. I can make the music automatically stop playing when I disconnect
the headphones and automatically resume playing when I connect the headphones.
I can skip unlimited amount of times in the Pandora music player. And lastly,
one of the most recent important ones, I can add and remove music from the
iPhone without ever having to use iTunes. I can simply copy the music over as
if my iPhone was a USB stick.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Sent from my brain