The actual limitation of the ringtone length is in Itunes, not in iPhone.
In jailbroken iPhone it is possible to copy a ringtone directly to
/Library/Ringtones directory and iPhone will happily use any ringtone
length. You still need to make sure, it is in m4r format (which is the same
as m4a with last letter renamed).
  Just don't involve Itunes into this process and everything will be fine!
:)
  Hope, it helps.

   Igor.