I use Goldwave for things like this on the PC. It's not the most advanced editor, but it gets the job done for many small projects. The free version allows I think 250 keystrokes and commands and if you buy it, that limit is of course lifted.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
Q: How many psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb? A: Only one ... but the light bulb has to really want to change.