Hi Robert,

The idea of iTunes Match is that it stores all your music. You could remove
music from your iTunes library, unless you purchased it from iTunes, in which
case, it will remain there. You can remove music from your phone by finding the
album you want to delete, flicking up or down to Delete, and double-tapping.

Best,
Anna