Hello,

Yesterday I needed to identify a hair product that DigitEyes would not pick up.
Since I had downloaded the app earlier in the day, I decided to give it a spin.
This app reminds me very much of VizWiz, but has taken object recognition to
the next level. The beauty of this app is that it is done in real time, with
the helper giving you instructions in the optimum position to give the blind
individual the information one wants. The tremendous advantage of Be My Eyes
over TapTapSee is that one can ask specific questions about the item in
question. With all apps like this, one should use good judgment in having
sensitive or personal information not identified. This is to protect your own
identity and security. That said, I was impressed in the rapid response and
obtaining the information I needed. With VizWiz, it could take almost all day
to get a response. I hope this assists others in giving the app a spin. Also,
on a podcast I listened to this morning stated that they are a nonprofit
organization and funding will end in September. Who knows what the business
model will be, but in my opinion it would be worth The cost if it's reasonable
to continue the service. The ability to receive accurate information is the
quenching factor for me and that's a big difference from TapTapSee.

Best,
Eileen

Sent from my iPhone