Hi,

In my experience the size of chargers supplied with iDevices can vary
drasticly - E.G. an iPhone charger may feel completely different to an
iPad charger, but it may also feel identical.
If it's something you worry about, you could purchase a generic
charger with a USB port from somewhere like Amazon. The charger would
need to supply 5 volts (5V) and 2.4 amps (2.4A, aka 2400MA). This
charger would be able to be used for your iPhone and your iPad,
thereby avoiding the problem of guessing which one's which.

Cheers,
Ben.