It makes sense, because the screen faces away from you. Think of it this way:
to someone looking at the screen, where is the button. As you face it, it's,
say, on your left. Once you turn it around to face away from you, so you can
type braille, it's facing the other way. Now, the button is on the right to
someone looking head-on at the screen (facing you as you type).

No matter what it says, though, you don't need to reverse anything. Your left
index finger is still dot 1, your right pinky is still dot 6, and the other
fingers are all also unchanged. Think of it like typing on a brill keyboard
that happens to be hanging on your shoulder and is thus perpendicular to the
floor; an odd position, but once you fix the dot assignments in your mind, one
that quickly becomes familiar.
> On Mar 17, 2015, at 12:43 PM, Dave Bahr <dcba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi. It seems that whenever the landscape mode is active for braille screen
> input, I have to hold the phone opposite of what it says. In other words, it
> says, home button to the left, but the home button is to the right, and vice
> versa. Also, the dots for the writing in braille seem to be pretty low on the
> screen, maybe I'm just not used to the braille input, which I'm not, i just
> turned it on last week. But with the weird landscape thing, I don't know why
> voiceover thinks the home button is the opposite of what I'm holding the
> phone. I have to reverse my braille letters, like a slate. I feel kind of
> dumb, really. i'm probably making it more complicated, but so far it's taking
> me much longer to type in braille than print, usually it's the reverse.
>
> help? Thanks, Dave

Have a great day,
Alex Hall
mehg...@icloud.com