Thanks Sieghard. I was looking at Robert Silva's ratings of home theater
receivers on about.com, and he classifies midrange receivers as ranging
from $400 to $1300. BTW, the web site is
http://hometheater.about.com/od/avreceiversreviews/tp/aatpmidavra.htm

I did look at AppleVis.com, and I didn't find anything related to home
theater receivers.

I did go ahead and downloads the apps for the Onkyo, Denon, Yamaha and
Pioneer network capable receivers, and each of them had a demo mode, so
although I couldn't play with all of the functionality, it did give me a
feel for their accessibility. I still need to play with them some more,
but the Onkio and Denon apps seemed pretty accessible. The Yamaha app
was either inaccessible or just too confusing for me to figure out and
the Pioneer app didn't seem accessible at all.

--
Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail