AFAIK, those two keys are just shift keys & not used for navigating the phone. Press k-chord on it to have it speak the keys as you press them. B-chord to Back out of VO Help.

There's no auto-advance on the Focus with the iPhone. And I know of no way to slow down the on-screen scrolling (except to slow speech down a lot). Even then it'll scroll too fast, so you just have to read as best you can on the Braille display. If the material you're reading is good, you'll enjoy it and get into the rhythm.

-----Original Message----- From: Melissa Tucker
Sent: Monday, May 04, 2015 2:02 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Scrolling up and down with Bluetooth Braille Display

I got my focus 40 about two weeks ago and after reading the manual, I can't figure out a couple of things. this is related to using it on an iphone 5s. I'd like to know what the two center buttons on the front beside the scroll left and right buttons are used for in navigating the iphone? Also, how do you activate the focus keyboard. Lastly, I'd like to be able to auto scroll through a book so the lines will come up and I can read with my hands without having to scroll with buttons. I know you can set the phone to read an entire screen with comand control+option+a, but it scrolls too fast. Is there a functions in settings, or an app to slow this down a tad? I doubt what I'm asking is possible, but just wondering. Is there a focus blue group I can go to without having to bug you all with this?

--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/. --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.