I used it about 2:30 a.m. Thursday morning.  I had a minor surgical
procedure preformed the previous day.  I awoke in pain and no one was
at home and there was no one I could ask locally, given the time.  I
had pain medicine, but was not sure if I had the right bottle and how
many pills to take.  I tried the app and after a few minutes, a woman
answered. She seemed to have a middle eastern accent. She didn't seem
to want to read me the label on my pill bottle though  and quickly
disconnected.  I tried again and within a minute a woman with a German
accent answered.  It was mid-morning in Europe. she instructed me on
how to position the camera and pill bottle so she could read it.
Apparently, the pill bottle must be rotated in one hand while the
camera is kept straight and without movement in the other hand so the
camera does not get out of focus. she did not know how to pronounce
acetaminophen, the generic name for Tylenol, or codeine.  she
apologized for her English skills, but many native English speakers
can't pronounce these names either.  She did tell me though how many
pills to take before signing off in personal embarrassment.  she took
time out of her life to provide valuable help at a time of need, for
which I am grateful.  I wonder if others have had volunteers who could
be helpful but had a low confidence in their skills.

fortunately, I live in a big city and both a 24 hour CVS and
Walgreen's are a half mile walk from my house and across the street
from each other.  It would be a real hassle to put on clothes and walk
to one of these stores for a sighted clerk to read a label on a pill
bottle in the middle of the night though.

Kelly