That is so cool!  One of these days, I want to get into a store that might cary
the Megaboom.  Just because I want to see the size difference.

I’m very happy with the regular Boom.  If you are in contact with the
developer, maybe you can give them a reminder that the new power on feature is
still not accessible with Voiceover in the app.  I’ve gotten pretty good, at
turning VO off, then tapping the middlish top center to power on my Boom from
across the room.  This is a very cool concept, I just wish it worked with
Voiceover turned on.  I’ve contacted them a couple times about this.

A total side note & not very important, but were you impressed with the UE Boom
Mega, packaging?  I certainly was with my Boom, and as a bonus, the cord &
charger are nice as well.

Traci

On Jun 11, 2015, at 9:57 AM, Jonathan Mosen <jmo...@mosen.org> wrote:

> [...]
> When you pair the device with an iPhone for the first time, a handy screen
> pops up telling you that the accessory supports an app you don't have, and
> asking if you want to install it. The app is not perfect in terms of
> accessibility, but useable for the most part. You can set graphical equaliser
> preferences, update the firmware, and perform a range of other tasks. It has
> a built-in alarm feature, a little challenging with VO right now but I hope
> to work with them on this. The speaker can power itself up and play whatever
> you want it to at a preset time.
> A very nice feature of this speaker is that once it's paired with your
> iPhone, the battery percentage of the speaker is displayed right on the
> status bar of your iPhone, next to the Bluetooth icon. You can also press the
> up and down volume buttons on the speaker together, and a synthesised voice
> speaks the battery percentage.
> With some Bluetooth speakers, you have two variables involved in controlling
> the volume- the volume of the speaker and the volume of your iPhone. Once
> it's paired, the Megaboom's volume is controlled totally by adjusting the
> volume of the iPhone.
> This thing is loud. Very loud. And there is no discernible distortion at high
> levels despite bass that is remarkable for a speaker of this size.
> The reason I'm telling you all this in the context of your question, is that
> the sound of this thing was so remarkable that I bought a second one. Using
> the app, you can set up a double-up mode and configure it in two ways. You
> can set each speaker to play both channels, great for having speakers in
> separate rooms or a wide distance apart. In the other mode, you set up each
> speaker to broadcast a single channel, so you get stereo. It's worked
> flawlessly for me every time, and I've had the Megabooms for two weeks now.
> I imagine the UE Booms work just as well if you  pair two together, although
> I've not had any direct experience of this.
> For me though, the UE Megaboom has been a brilliant, unexpected investment in
> very high quality portable audio solution that can just work with any
> Bluetooth device, and of course it has a line input too.
>
> Jonathan Mosen
> Mosen Consulting
> Blindness technology eBooks, tutorials and training
> http://Mosen.org
>
>> On 12/06/2015, at 2:51 am, Traci Duncan <our4p...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thank you for the advice.  Do you have experience using the UE Boom as
>> left/right stereo pair?  If so, how was it?  Did it consistently work each
>> time?  Holding the connection?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Traci
>>
>> On Jun 10, 2015, at 2:26 PM, Traci Duncan <our4p...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone used a TV sound bar as their stereo speaker system for their
>>> iDevice?  I was reading about this one on Amazon...
>>> Amazon.com: Sony HT-XT1 2.1 Channel Sound Bar with Built-In Subwoofer:
>>> Electronics