I've experienced this as well on both a 6 and a 6S. I have emailed
Apple Accessibility to let them know and would encourage others to do
the same. I know my phone is not muted. I still miss the notification
sounds and sometimes the notifications from messages or other apps.

Wayne

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt
My website: