Your experience is interesting, Wayne. Unfortunately, my phone didn't respond
like yours did with the forced restart multiple times. A full restore from
iTunes also didn't solve the problem, which is that the screen is just dead. I
am typing this message using a keyboard that has a lightning connector for
connection to the phone. As you can see, it is working. But the screen is still
dead. Nothing visible to sighted husband. No gestures accepted. So the phone is
going to be history as soon as the warranty replacement arrives.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone