I couldn't have said it any better. Thanks for saving me all of the writing. No
android for me either.
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sieghard Weitzel
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2012 15:45
  Subject: RE: Fleksy on Android devices

  I know some people will take exception to the following statement and it is
strictly how I feel although I am far from alone in this. I consider Android to
be a far inferior platform and would at this point not even dream about getting
rid of my iPhone. Firstly, Android will in my opinion never bost the same
accessibility as iOS and Voiceover simply because of the fact that there are
dozens and even hundreds of devices and there are huge inconsistancies in who
can update to newer versions of Android and all of that. I recently heard of a
particular developer of some game who apparently is testing on 400 different
Android devices, would that be a nightmare or not?

  Second, the Android Market Place is a mess because the lack of control means
any Dick Tom and Harry can put apps in there which can be potentially harmful,
steel your data or install malware. Yes, Android is more open and allows you
more control over your phone and periferals, but I think there is a reason why
many large corporations are switching from Blackberries to iPhones and iPads
instead of Android phones and why such a high percentage of iOS users are
almost entirely satisfied with the iPhone and keep on buying new ones and why
this percentage is much much lower for Android users. I believe what one list
member said about the "Integration of hardware and software" was meant to refer
to Apples ability to control how well Voiceover works because they control not
only iOS and hence Voiceover, but also the hardware it runs on, i.e. iPhones,
iPads and iPod Touches. Apple has commited to accessibility and they have so
much money that implementing it even if it costs them money is just not a
problem. Google also has lots of money, but at this point their commitement to
accessibility is not there or at least not as much as Apple's.

  OK, sorry, I digress, the question was not about Android version iOS although
the larger issues must be considered. My answer to the question would be that I
would definitely not buy an Android phone just to have Fleksy as a system wide
keyboard option, the iPhone just has too much else going on for it and things
like user names and definitely passwords one would still have to type in the
conventional "Slow" method. Longer texts for many people are typically emails
or SMS messages and here I don't find it a big deal to bring up Fleksy first
and then send the text I typed to the mail or messages app or to copy and paste
it.