Hi Christopher,

It's not all that hard to improve something significantly which was almost
non-existent before. I am interested in technology of any kind and recently
listened to a very detailed 2-part german Podcast by somebody who is a very
experienced tech user about Talkback on a I think Samsung Galaxy S3
top-of-line phone. This person also has an iPhone and he actually had to
stop the Podcast and restart it because the gesture which was supposed to
activate Talkback during setup did not work. He finally did get it going and
then continued to setup the phone and boy was it painful to listen to his
attempts to do the simplest things. At one point he had to enter his name on
a virtual keyboard and it literally took him 5 or 6 minutes in the Podcast
before he managed to enter his first and last name, as I said, it was simply
painful and I was sitting there thinking why somebody would put him or
herself through such frustration if you can get an iPhone, you triple click
the home key and that's it. When I got my iPhone 4S I set it up myself in
the store with Voiceover and the entire process took me about as long as
what it took him to enter his name. I am not exaggerating, but the entire
first part of the Podcast which was over an hour was about him getting past
the few start screens and that is not counting the time where he paused the
Podcast to even get Talkback to initialize. They may have come a ways, but
they have a very very long road ahead before they get even close to the
iPhone's accessibility and ease of use and as I said in my earlier message,
I don't think they will ever get there.