Hi Chris,

There are definitely a few people on the list who reported that they have
problems with Fleksy although the majority of users I think definitely
experiences a dramatic increase in typing speed. As for erasing, you can
only erase an entire word if you use the fast typing method which means you
touch the keyboard quickly where you think the letter is located and
basically tap out a pattern and it's that pattern Fleksy uses to predict the
word you want. In this case it's almost more like an "undo", action, if you
realize you aren't touching where you want you just do a quick swipe left
and start over and if you finish and swipe right and don't find the word you
want at all in the list then you have to erase whichever word you were on
anyhow and start over. If you do type out a word the "slow" way as I call it
by finding a letter and waiting until voiceover announces it, then you can
actually erase letter by letter by swiping left. One thing Fleksy may still
need to improve a bit is the sensitivity of which letter you touch when you
do the slow method, often you find an "o" only to have it type an "I" or "p"
because the slightest sideways movement when you lift up your finger will
often do that and you really have to use just the very tip of your finger
very lightly.

I hope you won't quite give up on it because once you do understand how it
works you really may see a big improvement, quite a few people on here had
problems at first and then got the hang of it. But it does definitely
require good spacial orientation or awareness because if you want to type
"Hello" and after touching approx. in the middle for the "H" you aren't able
to touch to the left and above for the "e" and then twice to the very right
and once again slightly below for the 2 "l" followed by a final touch just
above and to the left of where you touched for the "l" for the "o" it will
not work. I can type "Hello" correctly in about 1 or 1.5 seconds whereas on
the regular keyboard it would take me about 4 seconds, in fact, by the time
I find the "H" to start and then the "e" I am already done with Fleksy and
on to the next word.