If it's the Apple TV 4th generation, you can't hook any cords to that.
You'll have to go from your TV audio outs and have the TV on for playing
music.

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of TaraPrakash
Sent: Saturday, January 02, 2016 10:18 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Apple TV

Dear all.
Apologies for bringing back a topic that has been discussed here before I
have a converter I am trying to use to send music from Apple TV to my
stereio system

Which does not have an optical connection    I am connecting Apple TV with
the converter using an optical cord   I am using RCA cord with a connector
to take 3.5 MM jack on my music system to use it as an aux in. I have
checked using my TV that the voiceover is on on the Apple TV. But when I am
connecting with my music system that is no sound. Can you please suggest
what could be going wrong and what do I need to do to fix the problem

Thanks

 Sent from my iPhone

> On May 26, 2015, at 7:03 AM, Tom Rash <dadnthed...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If your stereo system does not have an audio optical connection, then
> you will need to purchase an analog to digital converter, which costs
> about 40 bucks.  I have an onkio amplifier and this is what I did.  It
works great.

Leaks?
> I wish we could listen to apple tv on bluetooth headset and could
> switch the tv off if you preferred listening something on head phones.
>>> I believe you can skip the tv if your music system has HDMI
>>> receiver. Is
> there some other way of skipping the tv for listening to apple tv?
>>> Actually, with roku player you get a remote with an earphone jack.
>>> That seems cool
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

> that Apple will introduce the next generation Apple TV which I expect
> will be a huge upgrade frpom the current model both with respect to
> hardware and upcoming software features.

Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn -
you can reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com