Hi Richard, Jen and Candie,

This has happened occasionally on one of my Outlook.com accounts and even a
time or two on my Office 365 exchange account which I use for my business. I
also had it where I had deleted all messages from let’s say the Junk folder or
deleted items folder, but on my computer it still says there is a message
there. I usually log in to whichever account is effected on line and if it is a
matter of it showing a message is there when it isn’t, I go to the folder
online and quite often for some reason a message is still there online even
though I deleted it on the computer and if I then delete the message online,
close my email program (Outlook 2016 when it’s on my computer) and reopen it
then the problem is gone. I don’t actually think I had a message displaying as
unread where it didn’t correct itself but I think you could try the same thing,
see which message it is, log in online and open the message there or, if it’s
one you don’t need, delete it online. The Outlook.com web interface is very
accessible, if you use Jaws 17 and have “Allow web application reserved key
strokes” turned on, you can even use regular key strokes to deal with mail,
e.g. if you are on a message and want to delete it, just press the delete key
or if you are composing a message and are ready to send it just press
Control+Enter just as in Outlook etc. You can use the checkbox quick nav key
“x” to jump to messages, the first checkbox is to select all, then each message
has a checkbox, if you want to delete a bunch of messages just check each
checkbox of the messages you want gone, then press delete. This is a very nice
feature in Jaws on those websites where it works, Outlook.com and Facebook are
two examples. The setting is turned on by default, so unless you turned it off
it should work. But enough of this, I guess in a way the entire thread is not
exactly iOS releated but an Outlook.com issue which spans all platforms.