From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Mary Otten
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 2016 12:51 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: I Books- Basic Questions

Any voice that is on your Apple device that works as a voiceover voice can be
used with iBooks. That would include the nuance voices, and the Alex voice,
which come with your device. I think you can also purchase voices for the Mac
to be used with voiceover from a company called sepstrel. I'm dictating this
message, so that is probably spelled wrong, but I don't know how to spell it.
You can buy those voices, use them with voiceover, and thus with iBooks on the
Mac. But on an iPhone or iPad, you cannot use, for example, voices that you
purchased to go along with voice dream reader, as those voices do not work as
voiceover voices. So the key is, if it works as a voice over voice, you can use
it. If not, you cannot use it.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone

On Jan 19, 2016, at 9:46 AM, Michelle Bernstein