Hello Sarai. Before I answer your questions let's define two terms. Your pickup
location is your starting point. Your destination is where you're going.

> 1. There is a pickup location home button, and a set pickup location button.
> What is the difference? Uber attempts to populate your pickup location. If
> Uber picks the right location you can activate the set pickup location.
> Otherwise, double tap the pickup location, edit it and double tap the set
> pickup location button.
> 2. At set pickup location, do you have to put in the street address? If you
> are going to Target for example, do you look up the address before you go? If
> so I don’t always know the address of where I’m going. Sarai, in your example
> it sounds like Target is your destination. After setting your pickup location
> Uber asks for your destination. If you enter Target, Uber lists the targets
> in your area. In spite of this, I suggest that you look up the address and
> add it to your contacts before you make your trips.
> 3. I opened the app last night, it said no cars available, but a sighted
> person opened hers and saw 5 cars available and the ETA to our street. How
> can I get this info? I'm not sure about that.
> 4. Any other tips or suggestions? I’m kind of nervous to use the app, and
> travel alone.
Yes. The first suggestion is to know where you live. By this I mean that you
should know how to get to your residence from the main streets and freeways in
your area so that you can give directions to your driver.
Here are the steps that I take.
1. I choose my vehicle type. Uberx is the most economical
2. I set my pickup location.
3. I set my destination.
4. I make sure to choose the payment method.
5. I activate the Request Uberx button.
6. After my trip is accepted, I activate the trip options and call my driver
with instructions.
There are no guarantees. There are always risks in life. If you avoid doing
things because of fear, the criminals have committed their crimes without
lifting a finger. If you want to do something, just do it. Enjoy Uber, it's an
excellent transportation alternative to taxi cabs.