Well, anything is possible. But I think that the iPad release you are referring
to is an outlier. More recent examples show multi year weights for iPad mini,
you can't count that worthless iPad 3 mini as anything but window dressing, and
the iPod.  And then there is the standard form iPad, which went a year and a
half between releases? We had the air two, then last year nothing, then the
smaller pro this spring. I would argue that if anything, the release cycle is
getting longer, not shorter. That hasn't happened yet with the regular iPhone.
But with sales slowing, who knows? Apple under estimated the demand for a
smaller form factor. I'm not sure it would even be in their best interest to
introduce an updated smaller phone this quickly after the original se. Frankly,
when I would hope for, would be a simultaneous release next year of whatever
comes after the iPhone 7, in all three form factors at the same time. Of
course, what I want, and what  they  do, are not necessarily the same.
Mary

Sent from my iPhone