Hi Neil,

If they ever do come out after a wildly successful Kickstarter campagne almost
3 years ago, the "Soundband" sounds like it is supposed to be much better than
anything on the market.
I unfortunately jumped onto that Kickstarter project and paid $125 or something
like that. The company has been behaving very strange in that at times they
provided many updates and at other they haven't. Some think it was all just a
big scam. I am definitely starting to believe it as well although I still have
a small hope that they'll deliver. If you want more information you can just
Google "Soundband", of course this is not of interest if you want to find
something right now. Below is what they wrote in their last update on December
14, 2015 which was update #76:

Final components arrive.

Posted by Hybra Advance Technology, Inc.

Dear Backers,
We are pleased to announce the last of the long lead time components have
arrived. The AKM piezo driver reels, an 18 week lead time part, showed-up
Thursday last week. For anyone who is not familiar with micro-electronic
assembly, in most cases, mass chip placement uses pick and place machines, to
set all the components on a printed circuit board. These pick and place
machines use reels to organize the parts and ensure very high speed loading.
The reels in the photos below contain 3000 piezo driver chips. All the
SoundBand part reels contain between 1500 and 5000 parts.
With the drivers and the other parts here, we immediately approved the build
and assembly of 25 completed production grade SoundBands.
Since all of the component procurement/storage, board build, flex strip build,
electrical assembly, electrical component testing, and final assembly/test is
performed at a single site, we can closely monitor all aspects of the build and
minimize defects.
>From this point forward we will update as important milestones are reached. In
>the coming weeks each day will be touch and go, but we hope to steady the
>ramp, after the first 25, in quantities of 200 very soon, then increase to 400
>unit batches until all the Kickstarter units are delivered.  We will keep
>everyone informed at each step and continue to provide high quality images of
>the process.
Also please keep a look-out for a new survey that will help us verify the
finish color you want.
As always, we thank everyone for your continued interest and support.
Sincerely, we look forward to delivering your reward as soon as possible.

Very Best,
Hybra