Hi Keith,

If you're using a text editing app with Dropbox support to make your
changes, then your results will automatically be saved locally and
updated with sync when you connect again.  There are many such apps,
but one of the distinctions is whether you can edit any folder/file
under Dropbox or only files in the folder named for the app.  Some
editors like Notesy and Nebulous Notes will let you edit any file in
your Dropbox.

HTH. Cheers,

Esther