I loved this story.  Great for spacious flats/apartments;  I'm in a 2-storey
semi/duplex, and very cluttered;  Bot would not be
happy.
----- Original Message -----
From: "'Sandratomkins' via VIPhone" <viphone@googlegroups.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Saturday, June 11, 2016 2:19 PM
Subject: Unboxing my Neato BotVac! Sand Tomkins has shared a file with you
using Dropbox

Hallo to any who were interested in the Robot Vacuum cleaners. Mine has arrived
and I have made a couple of recordings: the first,
lasting about half an hour, is just unboxing it. The second is my first
experience using the Bot.

    In passing, I should say that I was very impressed with the way it dealt
with my, somewhat, complex floor-plan. On our ground
floor, we have 6 rooms, all interlinking. Apart from the kitchen, all have at
least 2 doors, some have 3, not counting external
doors. I left all the internal doors open, nevertheless, the BotVac did each
room, not being tempted out of the room until it was
finished. Ithought, when it had done 5 of the rooms and seemed to be heading
home to the docking station, that it had missed the
little utility room, Near to the back door, but, NO! it made its way there,
back through 3 rooms, and did the last one. Once
finished, it headed, unerringly, only banging its head a little on a treadmill,
but not put off from its direct line to the docking
station, where it backed into place, sang a song and sent me a message to my
iPhone saying it was done!

    This hoover has better mobility than me! It walks into fewer things and has
a great sense of which room it is in. I want a
botVac hat!!

    Satisfied Sandy.
Hi,
Here’s a link to “2016-06-10 02_59.wav” in my Dropbox:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0jxpureed3fc6b/2016-06-10%2002_59.wav?dl=0

sent from the dark side of the moon

feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please
contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list
itself.