Hello Jerry,

Just because something doesn't get fixed in what you think is a timely fashion
doesn't mean that they don't listen or take it seriously. I also have reported
issues to various companies where some were small bugs like maybe just some
better labels and others were bigger issues and version after version would
come out and the problem persists until one day it gets fixed. One good example
is Sonos. I bought my first Sonos multi-room music hardware in 2009 and while
it was possible to use it, the experience was not exactly a good one. Even the
most important buttons like Play/Pause weren't labelled and for a couple of
years I hounded them and nothing was done. Then one day suddenly I received a
reply that Sonos was interested in accessibility and they were looking for beta
testers. I of course agreed and ever since (at least for the last 4 years now)
their commitment to accessibility has been fantastic. Some people also say of
Apple that their accessibility team does nothing because something somebody
reported wasn't addressed. However, bugs are constantly fixed and with every
new major release some new features are introduced some of which are pretty
major improvements. I can only repeat that reporting issues is important even
if there is not always instant gratification or even results after a longer
period of time. It is one thing to deal with a developer like Winston from
Voice Dream Reader/Writer who is more or less a one-man show and who can
prioritize and implement things much more quickly and efficiently if he thinks
an issue needs to be resolved, but companies like Facebook, Apple, Microsoft or
Google are huge organisations with tens of thousands of employees all over the
world and requests like you describe get documented and entered in some
database by people who most likely have nothing at all to do with the
implementation and the more something is reported the more I am sure it climbs
up the ladder of priority which of course doesn't mean that not many months may
pass before an actual developer is asked to look at it and fix it. Then that
takes more time and after its done it needs to be rolled out in a release, most
likely after more time is spent testing and so on.