Hey Keith,
Apple was very careful to show that all the new features in Watch OS 3 would
work on the current watch. However, there are many sources out there that say
that apple is coming out with a new one very soon. Especially given some of the
new features, the watch is really going to need a RAM and memory boost to
shine. It’s also about time for a new one, given the amount of time since the
original was released. One of the more recent Blind Bargains podcasts mentions
some of these details as well. I believe it’s number 66.
Aleeha