Before proof reading the document, I would recommend using the spell check
feature to check and correct all spelling errors.  Then you could proof read
the document for grammar and to make sure it sounds good to you.
I personally use the rotor and voice over to do this.  I set voice over to read
by line, then if something does not sound right The edit cursor is is already
close to where I need it to be.

Being very familiar with the rotor can help you be very efficient in moving the
cursor and editing text.
The only thing that might be a good feature to add is to make the edit cursor
follow along with the proofreading cursor, so if you want to make any changes,
the edit cursor would be ready at the same place in the document.  You might
want to contact the developer to see if he could add this feature.

Chris