Since not all edit fields have lines, I know that the rotor will not be on
lines when I get in the edit field of Writer.  So when I put focus on the edit
field in the writer app, I then change to lines before starting to proof read.
Once I start proof reading, I have no problems in keeping the rotor on lines.

Chris