I have my phone set to this specific VoiceOver setting, and have found
that it too can be inconsistent at times. Another option to allow
notifications but not be alerted by them is to mute the sounds from
the phone, and also do a 3 finger double tap on the screen. This will
mute speech. This way, you still get notifications but they aren't
spoken and no sound comes through. I use this a lot when taking a nap
or in a movie. I still get all my notices but only have to worry about
the vibrations coming through. This would be an option if you did not
want to turn Do Not Disturb on but you wanted to not be alerted by
voice or sound when getting a notification. Perhaps there is no one
perfect solution in this situation.

JMt,
Wayne

On 8/25/16, Regina Alvarado <reggie.alvar...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think this may help me too Ary. Thanks.
>
> reggie & Lex
>
> On Aug 25, 2016, at 6:38 PM, englishride...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> Alan, if I understand your message correctly, you want to have VoiceOver not
> speak notifications, but get a vibration when you receive one and your mute
> switch is turned on. If this is the case, you want to turn off the setting
> called always speak notifications in
> settings/general/accessibility/VoiceOver.
>

> Thanks,
> Ari
>
>> On Aug 25, 2016, at 2:38 PM, Alan Lemly <wale...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Regina,
>>
>> FYI, my iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.4 is often inconsistent with announcing
>> notifications when I have my phone muted. It seems like the quieter it is
>> in a meeting when I have the phone muted that VoiceOver blasts out the
>> notification. It is supposed to vibrate when a notification comes in and
>> the phone is muted but I'm also experiencing your issue inconsistently.
>>
>> Alan Lemly

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt
My website: