I too did not notice any difference between before the update and after. I have always gone back to the compact voice. When you update, you always get the enhanced automatically. Maybe that causes confusion.

Take care,
Lois

-----Original Message----- From: Gordon
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2016 4:04 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: poorquality of voices

The default Samantha is much faster and better in my opinion. I deleted
the enhanced and it went back to the default.

I don't find any difference between iOS 9 enhanced Samantha and iOS 10 enhanced Samantha. But voices are extremely subjective so we all have to agree to disagree when it comes wto which voice ne prefers.