Alan, if I'm correctly understanding The reader that Russ has, it just has a
male lightning connector on it directly, with no cable in between the reader
and the male lightning connector. If Russl didn't have a case on his phone,
this product would work completely fine. Since he does, there isn't enough room
for the connector to go into the phone. What he wants is a cable with a female
lightning port on one end, and a male lightning port on the other, so he can
connect the mail lightning port to his phone and the female lightning Port to
the reader.

Thanks,
Ari