From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Wayne Merritt
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 9:32 PM
To: viphone <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Advice for those with the new iPhone 7 or 7 Plus

Greetings. I know it is a generic subject, but this is a cautionary tale for
those that have the new iPhone 7 or 7 Plus phones. If you have any hesitation
of your phone not working as expected, don't wait a long time or think that the
problem will go away or will fix itself, before you take your device back to an
Apple Store. In my own case, I accidentally dropped my new 7 in a bathtub with
about 4 inches of water. I pulled the phone out, dried it off, but noticed that
the speaker did not seem as loud. I took my phone to the Apple Store and had a
technician look at it. He did several tests with the speaker and the
microphone, and he did find that a mike was not working as expected. Then, no
questions asked, he swapped my ten day old phone out with a brand new one of
the same color and gig size as my last one. I took the new one home and was
able to restore from my latest ICloud backup, which happened to be that
afternoon. I've heard on the Macbreak Weekly podcast that the Apple Stores have
a certain number of phones available to swap out in these cases, and they will
do the swapping no questions asked if they can verify the problem. The deal is
you have to take your phone inwithin the first two weeks or so after you get
it. IN my case, the phone was advertised as being water resistant, and a mike
evidently had some water damage after the phone's swim in the tub. However, if
you hear hissing or other strange noises from your new phone, then it is worth
taking a trip to the Apple Store.

Kind regards,
Wayne

--