Really? I reported that behavior as a bug during the beta cycle but it
was still present in the public release. And yes, it's annoying enough
that I do  most of my mail management on my phone.

Another issue that I neglected to mention is that focus doesn't remain
on the delete button once a message has been deleted. On my phone
under iOS9, once I delete a message focus remains on the delete button
so if I want to delete subsequent messages all I need do is double tap
anywhere on the screen. On the iPad I have to locate the delete button
every time. It sounds like a small thing, but it's another example of
something that just isn't as smooth as it could be. Have you seen this
behavior and is it exclusive to the iPad as well?

Kimberly