Hi Nancy,

I just wanted to clarify a couple of points. The phone actually does not
automatically go into Low Power Mode. If you use the phone you get a low
battery warning at 20% and at 10%, with each of these warnings which pop up on
the screen whenever you unlock your phone and it is at one of these levels, you
have the option to just close the warning or to put the phone in low power
mode. Even with the phone in low power mode you can still receive and make
phone calls and all that, but the phone does disable some things which consume
battery such as push email (if you have it set up), it locks quicker and so on.
You can always check your battery level by touching the status bar at the top
on the very right side or, if you touch in the middle where the time is, just
flick right a couple of times and you will get to the battery level readout,
Voiceover will say your battery level in percent.

As Donald said, if your phone shuts down due to low battery and it then reboots
when it's charging, you do have to enter your passcode before Touch Id works
again. Whenever you set up the phone and if you set up Touch Id you would have
selected either a 4-digit or 6-digit passcode.

Lastly, if the phone shuts down because it runs out of battery, it can take
several minutes after you plug it in before it starts back up. It is not like a
laptop or other electronic device which after it is plugged in you can
immediately start up again. However, once plugged in Voiceover should come back
after a couple of minutes or, if it was rreally dead, it could take maybe up to
5 minutes.

Best regards,