Scott and others,

I use SIRI all the time, there simply is no easier way to set an
appointment, a reminder, alarm or timer. Dictation for me works very well
most of the time and I guess it will only get better. I can't wait for the
business search and map/turn by turn related stuff to work here in Canada
which so far it has not. I also find the Wolfram Alpha capabilities very
useful, how often has somebody listened to an audio book or read an eBook
only to come across a word you aren't quite sure about or the name of a
historical person. The other day I read a book review and came across the
word "dystopian". Now maybe many of you know what it means, but even though
I have lived in Canada for half my 45-year long life and consider myself to
be completely bi-lingual I did not know this word. So I simply pushed the
Home Key on my 4S and asked SIRI "Define dystopian". SIRI took about 2
seconds to look it up and gave me a concise and satisfying definition. Can I
do the same on Google or Wikipedia? Yes, but the SIRI way is much easier.
The same goes for unit conversions or if I want to quickly know something
about a particular country such as it's size or population. I think many of
the people who don't use SIRI a lot haven't quite realized how much you can
ask and of course you can ask even more as of next week. As far as dictation
is concerned Scott mentioned he forgets the punctuation. When I first
started using dictation more I realized that just like learning how to be
good with Fleksy, getting good results with dictation requires some practice
and discipline because you can't just start putting down your thoughts as
you would with a keyboard where even a very fast typer has time to think how
to best say something and it's easy to backspace or edit what you have
written. With dictation you have to get it right the first time, you can't
put in long pauses and filler words we often use in conversation. I find I
have to often take a few seconds and organize what I want to say in my mind
before I start dictating.