From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of jason goldfield
Sent: Saturday, September 15, 2012 8:03 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: What can you say to Siri in iOS 6?

On 9/15/2012 10:23 AM, Scott Howell wrote:
> You know I find the comments about Siri really interesting, but let me
stir the pot here and ask how many really care about Siri? I have to admit
that I rarely use Siri although I certainly appreciate its capabilities. I
actually just started using the dictation feature a bit more and forget to
use punctuation, so I have to remind myself. :) So, just curious how many
either really do not care one way or the other or used it a lot initially
and found themselves not using it so much after a while.

> On Sep 15, 2012, at 4:34 AM, James Mannion <mannion...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I agree. I really do not care if SIRI knows or can look up trivia
>> crap instead of having real functional capabilities related to
>> controling the device itself. Yes thanks for what they have added
>> though. Of course it all depends on getting a response from server
>> side technology that is pushed as such a great idea. Siri should be
>> able to process at least some things on the device itself. That's
>> something else even windows voice commander could do.
>>
>> Jim
>>
>> On 9/15/12, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:
>>> Hi List,
>>>

>>> This all sounds pretty good, but a few things I am ondering about are
this:

>>> I dial a number or tell SIRI to call somebody and the line is busy.
>>> Why can't I say after a minute or even 10 minutes: Redial" or
>>> "Redial my last call"?
>>>
>>> This doesn't work now and I have not heard any examples about this.
>>>

>>> Also, I am very curious whether it is finally going to be possible
>>> to enter just a business name in the company field, for example,
>>> United Airlines, and then to say "Call United Airlines". I do of
>>> course imply here that I also enter the correct phone number for
>>> uUnited Airlines, but currently you have to also enter the company
>>> name as the last name (I guess you could do first name, but I prefer
>>> to use last name for sort reasons) in order to make it possible to
>>> voice dial with SIRI.
>>>

>>> I'd also hope you can ask something like "Who called me last" and
>>> after SIRI announces this to say "Call back the last person who
>>> called me" or, in the context of the earlier question simply "Call
>>> that number" or "Call them".
>>>

>>> And since I am in the complaining mood, if Apple gives SIRI the
>>> ability to open any app why not include things like turning WiFi,
>>> Bluetooth or Airplane Mode on and off by simply telling SIRI to do
>>> so and to give me an answer when I say "What's the battery level"
>>> rather than asking me if I want to search the web for "What's the
>>> battery level". Even my old HTC Windows 6.1 Smartphone with
>>> Microsoft Voice Command could do this. OK, I do admit that I do not
>>> want my HTC back, but who cares about what's playing in the movie
>>> theatre or who directed Toy Story yet I can't ask it the simplest
>>> things about my phone.
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Sieghard

I use Siri quite a bit. I especially use it to send text messages.