Wow! Too bad Iphones 3gs like mine wn't get along with Ios6! So I guess I'll
just have to continue reading up on your experiences on some of these
features!

-----Mensaje original-----
De: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] En nombre de
Sieghard Weitzel
Enviado el: domingo, 16 de septiembre de 2012 10:40 a.m.
Para: viphone@googlegroups.com
Asunto: iOS 6 - 40 features you will care about, was: IOS 6 and Voice Over

Hello Avnish and others,

I haven't spend too much time on Google, but a quick search about "iOS 6
accessibility" did produce quite a few hits, here is one I read. Many of the
40 features we already heard about, but it's a nice comprehensive list and
while the author doesn't go into details, he does mention "Voiceover
improvements" as well as other accessibility improvements. I believe Kimber
recently asked about how she can make the alarm play a particular song,
well, item 35 in the list indicates that this will be an iOS 6 feature.

I also hope all you who preordered the iPhone 5 have not neglected to place
orders for your favourite BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar or Land Rover to take
advantage of Siri in-car integration, after all, you may have to wait quite
long to get just the colour you want! I'm just ticked off that this won't
work with my vintage Rolls Royce Silver Dawn *smile*.

Anyhow, here is the link to the article and below the actual list for those
who want just the basics:
http://www.gottabemobile.com/2012/06/11/40-ios-6-features-youll-actually-car
e-about

There are over 200 new features in iOS 6, but you won’t care about every
change Apple made.
Apple highlights the top iOS 6 features, but there are many more iOS 6
features that Apple silently announced.
These “hidden” iOS 6 features are features you’ll actually use and care
about. Check out the 40 iOS 6 Features You’ll Actually Use:

1. FaceTime over 3G and 4G – Make FaceTime calls over cellular connections.
2. Facebook Integration – Share photos to Facebook from Photos app and Like
Apps.
3. Maps- New maps with traffic and 3D flyover mode.
4. Calls – Slide to answer a call or slide up to reply with a message &
remind you to call back later.
5. Passbook – Your digital wallet for loyalty cards, Amtrak, United, hotel
reservations and more.
6. Lost Mode – Send a phone number to whoever found your lost iPhone to get
a call.
7. Turn by Turn Directions – Voiceguided turn by turn directions with GPS on
the iPhone 4S.
8. Open Apps with Siri – Siri can now open apps with your voice.
9. VIP Inbox – Tell Mail who your important contacts are so you never miss
an email.
10. Siri - Check sports scores, movie times and make restaurant
reservations.
11. Instant Sharing to Facebook and Twitter – Notification Center lets you
share direct to Facebook and Twitter.
12. Better Sharing Menu – When Sharing, you’ll see a new icon driven sharing
menu.
13. Autocorrection for Every Keyboard – Support for autocorrect while using
external Bluetooth keyboards.
14. Location Based Reminders for iPad – The iPad will now support reminders
based on location, may be limited to cellular models.
15. Manual Location Entry for Reminders – No longer need GPS to set a
location reminder, type in an address.
16. VoiceOver Improvements – Better accessibility features from VoiceOver
for visually impaired users.
17. Personal Dictionary in the Cloud – sync personalized spellings and
autocorrections of names across iPhone and iPad.
18. Do Not Disturb - Set the iPhone to prevent calls and notifications from
waking you at night, but still allow special callers.
19. Per Account Signatures in Mail – One signature for work email, one for
personal.
20. Game Center Challenges – Brag about your high score and issue challenges
to friends.
21. Game Center Friends from Facebook – Pull your Facebook friends into
games.
22. Manual Reorder of Reminders – Change the order of reminders to match
your priorities.
23. Improved Privacy Controls – More granular control over your personal
data. Turn location control off by app.
24. Custom Vibrations for Alerts – Already available in iOS 5, expect new
features.
25. Features for China – Baidu, Sina Weibo, Tudou, Youku, Better text input,
dictionary.
26. Video stabilization : Stabilizes iPhone and iPad video, which are often
shaky.
27. Shared Photostreams- Make and share albums in PhotoStream. Easily share
the right photos with specific friends and family members in near real-time.
Also includes comments and notifications.
28. App in Safari Search Results – See app store search results in the
Safari search results.
29. Full Screen Landscape Support in Safari – See more of the web while
browsing in landscape on the iPhone.
30. Faster Safari Javascript – Improved Safari performance while browsing.
31. HDR Improvements – Better performance and results for HDR photo taking.
32. Made for iPhone Hearing Aids – Apple certified hearing aids that will
work specifically with the iPhone and iPad.
33. Improved Accessibility Controls – Lock settings and lock the home button
to keep kids out of settings they don’t need to touch.
34. French, German and Spanish Dictionaries – Multiple language dictionaries
now in iOS 6.
35. Alarm with Song – Wake up with your favorite music in iOS 6.
36. Redesigned Stores – Better looking mobile stores with CoverFlow.
37. In App Bluetooth Pairing – No longer need to leave the app to set up
your Bluetooth headphones.
38. Eyes Free – A new Siri button for Siri in-car integration with upcoming
support for BMW, GM, Mercedes, Land Rover, Jaguar, Audi, Toyota, Chrysler
and
Honda.
39. Location Based Alerts for Find My Friends- Get an alert when kids leave
school and more.
40. Safari Browser Syncing - Continue browsing sessions on the iPad after
starting in your computer or the iPhone.