I agree with what was said that change will slow down as a technology
matures. Also I think you have to really logicly think to yourself,
what is the reality compared to specifically what you thought it coud
have or should have been. If it is just a perception with no logic
behind it, then you really need to question if it is grounded in
anything. Then there is also the factor, there is only so much change
at one time that there is any chance of getting right. If you are
trying to push too many changes at once, there may be no time and
resources to make sure they are done correctly. There is already the
concern of this being a .0 version and how much of a mess it will be
with bugs and things not being worked out to work correctly. I hope
they tested things well. I think though if you ask yourself what the
picture was you had in mind and how that compares with reality and you
don't know, but just on some superficial level you just don't think
you are excited enough about what is new, try grounding it in some
real logical reasoning.

On 9/15/12, Neil Barnfather - TalkNav <for...@talknav.com> wrote:
> also, given the immensely short duration of time that Steve Jobs has been
> dead for, I am amazed that you can assert that Apple has slowed down
> already, and is less innovative.
>
> It is highly likely that most things coming out of Apple at this time he was
> fully aware of and these products were well and truly into the pipe line.
>
> I agree with the other poster, in ovation is always much quicker to occur
> when your at the beginning of a products revolutionary process. As it
> matures the natural speed of evolution slows.
>

> On 15 Sep 2012, at 21:02, Kevin Barry <krba...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> If other  platforms are moving faster it is only because they are far
>> behind.
>> As for innovations slowing down; as any technology  matures change will
>> naturally slow down.
>> It can not do otherwise.
>> Everything moves faster when starting from zero.
>> This is truly basic stuff and I wonder why people keep acting shocked when
>>  they encounter it.
>>
>> At 03:18 PM 9/15/2012, you wrote:
>>> I think that's what I was getting at: Going from the 4S to the 5 is not
>>> going to be substantially different. There's a reason why I chose the
>>> iPhone, but I don't think it unfair to say that Apple appears to be
>>> innovating at a slower rate than when Jobs was in charge. That doesn't
>>> mean
>>> that Cook is not innovative or that the iPhone is falling way behind.
>>> All
>>> things considered though, I think other platforms are raising the bar at
>>> faster rate. Since we're relying on one major OS upgrade a year, I'd like
>>> see that upgrade pack a punch. Hardware-wise, I think they're doing what
>>> they need to do to keep pace. The camera is more dynamic even if it
>>> stayed
>>> at 8 MP. But, Do Not Disturb is nothing to be wowed by when other
>>> platforms
>>> were doing this already. I'm fine with them going rogue on maps, but why
>>> fix
>>> something that wasn't broken? The same is true of Youtube. Perhaps my
>>> greater complaint is that Apple is attempting to pit itself against
>>> Google
>>> when Google could in fact help iOS stay ahead of the curve. Anyway,
>>> regardless, I am glad that accessibility is still built into the core,
>>> and
>>> that is something that for me personally keeps the iPhone ahead of
>>> everything else.--Joe

>>> kidding. Every time I hear NFC, I don't think payment system. I think,
>>> "No