Anything that uses GPS or the camera will usually use more battery
power than other apps. There are also the exceptions, like Facebook
and perhaps that Rogers app, which also use a lot of battery power. I
regularly tell students to close the GPS and camera apps when they are
done using them. When I gave my older iPhone to my wife several years
ago, she thought that just because she went to the home screen, the
phone would automatically take care of her apps. She was telling me
that she started at a full charge early in the morning, and by 10am,
her battery was down to 10 percent. I looked at her phone and saw that
she had around 40 apps in the App Switcher; no wonder her battery was
dropping faster than the stock market. Things are better today since
we both have the iPhone 7, and these newer phones manage apps and
processes much better. Still, I try to restart my phone at least once
a week and keepa  close watch on how many apps are in the App
Switcher. In doing these things, my battery generally lasts between 13
and 16 hours a day before I need to charge. For full disclosure, I use
to have the Apple smart Battery Case for my 6S and that was awesome.
However, with the 7, you get an extra 1-2 hours of battery life and
the phone is a lot better about managing things, that I really don't
need one anymore.

Wayne

Follow me on Twitter at:
www.twitter.com/wcmerritt