Hello. I recommend Ulysses. It's fully accessible now. Since Apple figured
out how to improve text selection, I haven't found any good reason to use
Voice Dream Writer. It's easy to select, cut and paste chunks of text in
Pages or other mainstream writing apps. Proof-reading is quite possible
using the built-in spellchecker in iOS. Ulysses is expensive but I use it
all the time. It's great for keeping stuff organised and writing long
documents like the iOS guide I'm working on for blind people. I can have a
sepearte sheet for each major section and rearrange them at will. I can
also cut and paste minor sections withinn a sheet. Ulysses uses markdown
language for formatting so you can always know what's going on since the
Markdown characters are all text symbols.
There's always Pages which is free from Apple and Microsoft Word which is
free from Microsoft. Both are quite useable. For a good accessible
dictionary/thesaurus app, I suggest Wordbook. It does the job rather
nicely. There's also another great one called Terminology. Both apps will
work even when offline so you'll never be without some assistance finding
the right word. Haven't found any satisfactory offline encyclopedias but
the Wikipedia Mobile app is great provided you're online. I've heard they
have some agreement with carriers so that it doesn't even cost you cellular
data to look up things on there. And of course, the Google app is a good
addition to anybody's home screens. Its voice search can often out-do Siri.

You might also want to look at another app called Scrivener. It was
designed with authors in mind and is a close competitor. To Ulysses I
prefer Ulysses overall but it comes down to personal taste and overall
approach. Hope that helps you out a bit.
On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 11:23 AM Jennie Facer <jennie.fa...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Tracy,
>
> VoiceDream Writer costs $9.99, but it is so worth it. You can spellcheck
> and proofread your documents. I'm not sure if it syncs up with DropBox, but
> it does sync with iCloud so whenever you edit a document, it is
> automatically updated. Also when you create the document, and name iot, you
> don't have to save. It is really an awesome app
>
> Jenn!
>
> Sent from Jennie Facer's iPad Pro!
>
> > On Jan 31, 2017, at 9:18 AM, Traci Duncan <our4p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi all, OK, so a few of my abs are becoming obsolete. I've learned that
> nebulous is ending, and apparently draft pad ended quite a while ago.
> >
> > I am looking for a new text editor/word processor. Any recommendations?
> All the better if it can link up with dropbox. Oh, and no
> subscription-based apps.
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Traci
> >
> > Sent from my iPhone
> >
> > --
> > The following information is important for all members of the V iPhone
> list.
> >
> > If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or
> >
> > Your V iPhone list moderator is Mark Taylor and your owner is Cara Quinn
> - you can reach Cara at caraqu...@caraquinn.com
> >
> > The archives for this list can be searched at:
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/
> > ---
> Groups "VIPhone" group.
> > Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/viphone.

> list.

Michael Feir
Twitter: mfeir
Skype: michael-feir
Check out my blog at:
http://www.michaelfeir.blogspot.ca

Currently writing Personal Power: The iOS Edition
Regular presenter on Kelly And Company
Learn about iOS, audio dramas, podcasts and accessible games
Thursdays at 4:15 PM Eastern
Www.ami.ca/kellyco

Creator of Journeys of the Mind lectures
2015
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2015/01/journeys-of-mind-play-is-where.html?m=0

Volunteer at New Horizons Peel Multicultural Centre
www.peelmc.ca
2014

Disability advocate
Meadowvale Community Christian Reformed Church
www.meadowvalecrc.ca
2013--2014

Volunteer at The Dam
http://www.thedam.org
2011-2013
Author of Personal Power:
How Accessible Computers Can Enhance Personal Life For Blind People
2006-2008
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2009/01/personal-power.html

A Life of Word and Sound
2003-2007
http://michaelfeir.blogspot.ca/2009/01/life-of-word-and-sound.html

Creator and former editor of Audyssey Magazine 1996-2004