From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Michael Feir
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2017 11:14 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Text editing/word processing

Hello. I recommend Ulysses. It's fully accessible now. Since Apple figured out
how to improve text selection, I haven't found any good reason to use Voice
Dream Writer. It's easy to select, cut and paste chunks of text in Pages or
other mainstream writing apps. Proof-reading is quite possible using the
built-in spellchecker in iOS. Ulysses is expensive but I use it all the time.
It's great for keeping stuff organised and writing long documents like the iOS
guide I'm working on for blind people. I can have a sepearte sheet for each
major section and rearrange them at will. I can also cut and paste minor
sections withinn a sheet. Ulysses uses markdown language for formatting so you
can always know what's going on since the Markdown characters are all text
symbols.

There's always Pages which is free from Apple and Microsoft Word which is free
from Microsoft. Both are quite useable. For a good accessible
dictionary/thesaurus app, I suggest Wordbook. It does the job rather nicely.
There's also another great one called Terminology. Both apps will work even
when offline so you'll never be without some assistance finding the right word.
Haven't found any satisfactory offline encyclopedias but the Wikipedia Mobile
app is great provided you're online. I've heard they have some agreement with
carriers so that it doesn't even cost you cellular data to look up things on
there. And of course, the Google app is a good addition to anybody's home
screens. Its voice search can often out-do Siri.

You might also want to look at another app called Scrivener. It was designed
with authors in mind and is a close competitor. To Ulysses I prefer Ulysses
overall but it comes down to personal taste and overall approach. Hope that
helps you out a bit.

On Tue, Jan 31, 2017 at 11:23 AM Jennie Facer <jennie.fa...@gmail.com