From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Teresa Cochran
Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 10:02 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: What to do before upgrading to iOS 6

I'm a little confused. Doesn't the update reset the phone anyway? I don't
suppose it hurts to take everything out of the app switcher, however. Sage
advice from the Department of redundancy Department, in any case. :)

Teresa

On Sep 18, 2012, at 9:50 AM, Sieghard Weitzel <siegh...@live.ca> wrote:

> Hello List,
>
> Thought I briefly outline what I do which is also what I heard Rob from
the Today in iOS Podcast recommend before upgrading to a new version of iOS.
I have never had issues so I guess it definitely won't hurt to do those few
simple things:

> 1.       Turn off Bluetooth if it is running
> 2.       Rob from Today in iOS also recommends to go to Settings"
"General" and "Reset" and reset the network settings. I have never done this
because I am too lazy to re-enter my WiFi passwords so it's up to you if you
want to do this or not.
> 3.       Clear out the app switcher completely which means from the Home
screen double press the Home Key and then double tap and hold on one of the
apps in the app switcher, after the tri-tone double or split-tap each app
until Voiceover says "app switcher is empty", press the Home Key or tap
"Dismiss app switcher".
> 4.       Press and hold the power button until you hear "Slide to power
off" and double tap to turn off the phone.
> 5.       Press the power button to turn the phone back on, after it's
booted up go to "Settings", "General" and "Software Updates". Do the update
and enjoy.

> I have not done an update via iTunes ever since updating from the phone
became available and it has always worked perfectly.