Hello,

I don't mean to rain on a parade, but these steps are total voodoo. They will do nothing to improve your success rate of an iOS update. Granted, they won't do any harm, but they are about as useful as throwing salt over your sholder.

The simple explanation is the phone is so tightly locked down while the iOS update is being run, these things make no difference.

--csb

Hello List,

Thought I briefly outline what I do which is also what I heard Rob from the Today in iOS Podcast recommend before upgrading to a new version of iOS. I have never had issues so I guess it definitely won't hurt to do those few simple things:

1.       Turn off Bluetooth if it is running
2. Rob from Today in iOS also recommends to go to Settings" "General" and "Reset" and reset the network settings. I have never done this because I am too lazy to re-enter my WiFi passwords so it's up to you if you want to do this or not. 3. Clear out the app switcher completely which means from the Home screen double press the Home Key and then double tap and hold on one of the apps in the app switcher, after the tri-tone double or split-tap each app until Voiceover says "app switcher is empty", press the Home Key or tap "Dismiss app switcher". 4. Press and hold the power button until you hear "Slide to power off" and double tap to turn off the phone. 5. Press the power button to turn the phone back on, after it's booted up go to "Settings", "General" and "Software Updates". Do the update and enjoy.

I have not done an update via iTunes ever since updating from the phone became available and it has always worked perfectly.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the "VIPhone" Google Group. To search the VIPhone public archive, visit <http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/>http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/.