I have noticed that If you have Do Not Disturb on manually or from a
schedule and someone sends you a text or iMessage, if that person has
not been given the DND bypass privilidge, you do not get their
message. However, if you enable the bypass in their contact's edit
screen, you will get the message.

Wayne Merritt