That's not what the podcasts that I've listened to say; they all
indicate that the beeps get faster as you approach the correct
position for scanning the bar code. And, as I've said, what will
usually happen is that I will hear the beeps pick up speed, and then
just stay at a fast speed without ever reading the bar code. once that
happens if I move the camera at all the beeps just stop and I have to
start over.